BSOD, then nothing but RAM beeps

JordanGBR

A few days ago I began to build my new PC, it wasn't posting at first, which was due to the SLI cable being attatched, I unattached the SLI cable and the display worked fine, I modified the boot order to disc, so I could install W7 (I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything else).

I then restarted the PC and it got up to the 'starting windows' but then froze, or got past the loading and then it would BSOD on codes either 50 or 1e. I then took out 3 of the 4 sticks of RAM and the installer worked fine (the only problem was the disc was scratched), so I restarted a few times to see if it would get past the 72% it was getting stuck on. Since it was working with 1 stick of RAM, I decided to add another and see if it worked, it didn't and began continuously beeping 2 long beeps and 1 short, I'm on AWARD bios and that means RAM error.

I then used every stick of RAM in every slot until I'd used all of the combinations, I assumed it was the RAM and just bought some Corsair RAM to ensure quality, it is also compatible and tested by ASUS to work with the motherboard. The DRAM_LED light next to the RAM lights up red, I've pressed the MemOk! button multiple times to no avail.

I'm running on an ASUS M4N75TD AM3 motherboard with 2x GTX460 1GB, AMD Phenom II x6 1090t black edition @ 3.2, Antec truepower 750Watt and 8GB corsair 4x2GB XMS3 RAM at 1333MHz.

I've tried with 1 gfx card, 1 stick of ram in the first slot etc.

Thanks for reading :)

Make sure the motherboards bios are set for optimum defaults... It does sound like you have a hardware fault, like bad motherboard or incompatible RAM. Go back to the ASUS website and check memory compatibility carefully

Back