BSOD Vista 32 1000007E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingdys

Hello there, I'm using an Acer Aspire 4937G Laptop.

Recently installed VMware for academic purposes.

I got a BSOD 12hrs after installing it, when i next booted it up.

So I ran windbg and got this

TXT document attached
Large pasted results removed

Uploaded file Mini042409-01.dmp is the latest dump from BSOD

Appreciate the help

Your error per minidumps is 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

The driver cited is Netio.sys and this a an operating system driver which are usually too general to be of much help. However, in your case I believe it is more helpful.

This driver is Microsoft's Network I/O Subsystem driver. Go to Acer's website, find your laptop model and obtain the latest drivers for your network card/system.

* Let us know if this helps. Also, we've seen a number of people here have issues with VMware.

Erm

Sorry, I'm somewhat new to computers.

May I know where to find the netio.sys driver?
Under Device Manager, I only have
for Network Adapters
Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller
Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN

nothing on netio.sys =(
oh and my Drivers are more up to date than Acer's website's drivers are

No problem on being new; we've all been there. :) Just go to Acer's website as I said before and update your system drivers from their website for your particular model. Netio.sys is a Windows driver that is part of your Windows OS and it has to do with in-put-output and works in conjunction with your NIC card/ethernet connection in this case being Atheros.

Again, go to Acer and update the latest drivers.

Edit: What drivers have been updated beyond Acer?

idk lemme check. acer is outdated apparently >.< LOL
Wait. If Acer has drivers which are of a previous ver. from mine, then I should check the net right?

Right I get a whole list of drivers to download from the Atheros Website. I'm not sure which is the right one, or if I should download it at all. My current Atheros Driver Ver. is 1.0.0.39
Oh, I'm downloading a new Intel Vista driver too. V12.4 compared to my 12.2 >.<(Maybe that caused it?)
Sorry for being so irritating >.<

If you google Netio.sys and Vista 32 a number of people are having issues with it. But I believe the conflict is with VMware because you didn't have any BSOD's prior, correct?

Try doing a complete uninstall and thn reinstall of VMware. Does this bring stability?

Hmm, I had a BSOD before VMware, but it was sometime back. Something like 2-3weeks prior.
I don;t think it had much relevance.
Basically I installed Icewindale II and got the BSOD. I did a sys restore and everything was fine.

PS: made changes to previous post. maybe Intel driver caused it?

First, you are not being irritating at all. We'll stick with you as long as it takes or until we run out of ideas! :D The only time it gets irritating is when someone asks for help and doesn't follow through on advice but still wants you to help them "fix" their issue.

By all means it can be an Intel driver and updating can't hurt. Have you gained stability?

Hmm, after the recent BSOD which was ytd, I did not get any more. It seems like a one-off issue.
When I booted up my laptop 5mins ago, I didn't get any BSOD. So maybe stability has been achieved? I'm not sure. But I'll keep you posted.
I installed the Intel driver as well. Nothing seems to be wrong. Keeping my Fingers crossed

Perhaps it was the need of the Intel update after all especially in light of the VMWare install. Yes, please keep us up-to-date.

By the way, I played IWD 1 but never did get around to IWD II. Any good?

IWDII wasnt too bad. interesting. but my game crashed on another comp sometime back. never was able to play it much without getting application error(not BSOD) on a winxp comp.

So far so good. no BSODS. Thanks very much for ur help. will still keep u guys updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back