BSOD when going into safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your next post attach your minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I followed the instructions and had found no files in the folder. I believe that I had previously turned it off following steps from the thread I had posted before, thinking that it would solve the BSOD problem but it did not.

I had turned it back on as you had suggested. I turned my computer off and got a BSOD going into safe mode. I then booted my computer in normal mode and went into the file and found nothing.

Stop: 0x0000007E(0xC0000005, 0x80537009, 0xF796A508, OxF796A204)

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Ftdisk
Event Category: None
Event ID: 49
Date: 1/15/2010
Time: 8:15:57 PM
User: N/A
Computer: BLUECHERRY
Description:
Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical memory.

Event Source: Ftdisk
Event ID: 45
Date: 1/15/2010
Time: 8:15:57 PM
Description:
The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

Check Event Viewer (Run Box > EventVwr.msc) for additional information. pay particular attention to Yellow Triangles with ! inthe middle and especially Red Xs.

I found some more information:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Win32k
Event ID: 240
Date: 1/25/2010
Time: 9:50:33 PM
Description:
A request to suspend power was denied by winlogon.exe.

Event Source: DCOM
Event ID: 10010
Date: 1/24/2010
Time: 1:41:16 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
The server {6A972E27-93E2-4F98-8367-4101B2073814} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back