BSOD when playing WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, recently I've been getting a BSOD sometimes while I'm playing Warcraft 3. Sometimes I'll play for hours without getting it, sometimes I'll get it within 20 minutes.

Now based on the small research I did, I believe this has something to do with my Realtek High Definition Audio drivers, and I tried to update it but I think I have the latest update... Not a computer whiz so a step by step guide to doing that would be appreciated. :)

Stop 0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0xAA131BDB, 0xA8DB270C, 0x00000000)

RTKHDAud.sys Address AA131BDB base at AADB4000, datestamp 49b*339b2
*that might be a 6...couldn't' read it :(

I read five of your most recent dumps and all are 0x8E errors. They are almost always caused by hardware but sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

All five cited the Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver RtkHDAud.sys as the culprit for your crashes.

Question: Did you upgrade these drivers directly from RealTek or through your motherboard's website?

The motherboard manufacturer's website would have the most compatible onboard sound drivers.

The motherboard manufacturer's website would have the most compatible onboard sound drivers.

Exactly. Know1edge you will find that most people have better results by updating from their motherboard website than a direct update from RealTek itself.

In case you haven't been already, uninstall the old sound driver from Add and Remove Programs before installing a new one. Don't install it on top of an existing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back