BSOD will add pic please help

terry5880

Hi all I turned mrs laptop on and I get BSOD please help as not so worried about laptop just wanna recover picturs etc off it ill add pic of screen , thanks

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 2
Pull the hard drive and put it aside. Install another hard drive and install Windows on the new drive. Doing this will accomplish 2 things. It will save your files for possible future recovery and get the laptop running again

its broke anyway t and old so just looking easiest way to get all photos etc off and dont have another harddrive without buying 1 is there an easier way to get them off mate

Remove the hard drive and place it in another computer as a second drive. Try accessing it that way

ok mate so that msg on the bsod is a registry corrupt problem is that not in hard drive ? if not then i can take hard drive out put in another and shouldnt get bsod then recover all off of it . then replace hard drive and then could maybe wipe clean ?

We won't know what the actual problem is, but I wouldn't try booting the old drive in another computer, just take the files you need off of it

? how im confused did u look at the attachment i pout up in 1st thread with what it says on screen mate ?

BUT THEN ILL HAVE PICS BUT THEY STILL BE ON HARD DRIVE NEED TO GET THEM OFF oops caps soz need to get them off hard drive can it be done as its bsod

terry5880,
The pictures will be there until you do something to get them off... Remember this?
"Remove the hard drive and place it in another computer as a second drive. Try accessing it that way"...

You won't have this hard drive as the boot drive, so BSOD's won't matter as long as you can access the drive. There is a possibility that the drive is so bad that nothing can be recovered

ah ok thanks t . so i add as 2nd drive then copy all pics etc off it .but its laptop so how do i put 2nd drive in do they have space for 1

If the laptop drive is a SATA drive, you can connect it directly to a desktop computer that has SATA ports, using a SATA data and power cable. If you want to do it on another laptop you can buy a USB external enclosure either SATA or IDE and use it that way. The external USB enclosure can also be used on a desktop computer

Back