BSOD - Win7 x64 - new PC build - PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Hi all, this is my first post here on Techspot, as theres so many helpful threads, ive never needed to :), but this one has really got me stumped...

Ive just finished a new build of the following:

1 Lite-On IHAS324 24x DVDRW
1 Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
1 OCZ Fatal1ty Series 750W Modular
1 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
1 XFX Radeon HD6970 2GB
1 Intel Core i5 2500K
1 Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB WD5002AALX
1 Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler
1 Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Motherboard

1 CoolerMaster HAF X Case
1 Razer Goliathus Fragged Extended Control Edition Refresh
2 LG E2341V-BN 23inch LED Widescreen Monitor
1 Razer Imperator 4G Dual Laser Gaming Mouse
1 Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Keyboard

Windows 7 x64 SP1

After installing windows, then a few other programs, I got the first BSOD, but didn't get a chance to look at it, although after getting subsequent BSOD's I noticed that the minidumps are all the same size, So I assume they were the same error.

The error stated at the top of the BSOD is PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. After reading into this, I found that the most likely problem was outdated/bad drivers, I then updated as many as I could.

Ive attached some minidumps (all of them actually) so if somone could have a look at the latest one (as I said, I think they are all the same) that would be awesome.

NOTES:
No overclocking.
Have defragged.
Memtest stick 1 > 8 passes = PASS
Memtest stick 2 > Still tesing

Thanks so much for your time,

Cheers
Charlie

Attachments

• minidump27.09.2011.zip
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is probably the strongest error code we have that indicates faulty RAM. How many Passes did you run Memtest for?

I'll go ahead and read your minidump files but in the mean time for diagnostic purposes:

1) Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

2). Run your system with just 4 gigs of RAM. Do you still get system crashes?

* By the way, nice choice on your case. I love the CoolerMaster HAF series. :grinthumb

UPDATE: All files report 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and all report memory corruption as your issue.

Ok thanks for running those, sounds like it is faulty ram then, but im still going to re-run memtest, with each stick seperatly, I didn't do that before, dont know why lol :)

Re: HAF-X -> New version with hot-swap bays = awesome!!!

Posting from my phone while memtest is running.

Checked RAM voltage, that's fine, also the previous test I did only one pass.

Ps, it 2:30am here (australia) so ill be off to bed when this test finishes. Thanks heaps for your help, and ill post here again if the memtest passes.

Cheers
Charlie

NOTE: Originally the RAM was installed in Slots 1 & 3.

Ran 7 passes of memtest on each stick seperately in MB slot 1. All passed, no errors...

I then ran the system with one stick in slot 1 for about 8 hours with some intensive gaming (Bulletstorm, full settings) had no errors/BSOD's at all.

I then put both sticks back in, but this time in slots 2 & 4. Ran for about 30mins, then BSOD'ed with same PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error, and minidump of exact same size as previous ones.

Would this seem to be a motherboard error? What else could it be?

I can send both the MB and RAM back, but if they work (RAM OR MB) work I have to pay a $50 fee...

Any suggestions on where to go next?

Cheers
Charlie

Does your RAM configuration match the required configuration as per your motherboard manual?

Referring to the manual, its states that they should be in the places that I said before.

In my previous post, when I stated "Slot", I was referring to Physical location, NOT DDR3_#

So when I said Slot 1 and 3, I meant DDR3_I and DDR3_2, and when I said Slot 2 and 4, I meant DDR3_3 and DDR3_4.

I am currently testing the stick that ran for 8hrs gaming, by itself in a different channel and will see how that goes. Thanks for your help so far, am definitely getting somewhere.

Cheers
Charlie

Back