BSOD Windows 7 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMD

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error is the last one I got. I tired to zip my minidump files but it winrar keeps giving me a message saying access denied. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Use the Manage Attachments at the bottom button the next time you post. If you have only one or two files just attach as is. If 3 to 5 use the Zip utility provided. Please do us the favore of not zipping each file separately.

That error points to a faulty driver.

I tried that as well and a pop up says that I do not have permission to open that file. Contact the owner or administrator to obtain permission.

I've had the same thing happen to me. Windows puts out a good help article on how to take ownership of a file and/or a folder. If you search for it you should find it.

Help..... ntoskrnl.exe, ntfs.sys,and netio.sys BSOD errors

My head is about to explode. Got a brand new computer straight from the box and started to install programs and updated the BIOS and Video Card and everything else and got the Blue Screen. The computer starts up normally and the blue screen is a hit and miss. I can be on the computer for hours and get the screen at the end or may get it after my desktop appears. I've tried everything by searching google to updating all drivers. You gurus at Tech Spot seem to be right on and getting back with people fast by looking at other forums. I will attach all dump files into one file and will give you the specs of my computer. Thank you so very very very much.......

GA-P55M-UD2 Rev. 1.0 Motherboard
Intel P55 Chipset
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 4.00GB ram DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Is there a reason you updated the BIOS and video card before seeing if it was stable as is "out of the box"? Also, this WMD's thread. Many people will think you are answering him instead of needing help yourself.

I strongly suggest you start your own thread and we'll be more than glad to help. This way we can concentrate on your issue.

Sorry Route44....I just was searching google and it led me directly to the page. Kinda new to forums. I will then start a new thread. I do appreciate the reply and look forward in working with guys on my issues. The reason I updated the Bios and video card was because I got the blue screen when installing programs like word 2007, ccleaner and things like that. I then started to look at other forums because of the blue screens I was getting and all stated that you should be up to date with your Bios and video card and chipset. I then called where I git the computer from and they stated to make sure I have the updated Bios which I did now and to do the test one stick at a time. Which I didn't get any errors. Sorry for rambling on I will start a new thread using the same title. Thanks so very much for your time and advice.

Hey, no problem! Completely understand. And let me give you an official "Welcome to the Forums!" :wave:

When you go to post a new thread it would be good if you gave us:

1. A brief description of the problem and when it happens and what you are doing.

2. Hardware specs (make and model is a big help; if the power supply came with the case tell us), OS, and what security software is installed.

* We'll be more than glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back