BSOD Windows 7 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMD

I get driver_irql_less_than_not_equal or something alone those lines. I got bsod when I first got my laptop. I then upgraded to Window 7, hoping that would solve the problem (64 bit). It hasn't and I want to Upgrade to WIndows 7 Ultimate, but want to solve this problem first. I have attached my minidumps, any help would be wonderful thanks!

Attachments

• 040610-25896-01.zip
    150.9 KB · Views: 2
All your errors are the 0xD1: Driver_IRQL_Less_Than_Not_Equal and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

In all your dumps the Intel wireless adapter driver netw5v64.sys is cited as the cause for your system crashes. Research it and you will find that this driver is a common problem even in Windows 7.

Update your drivers. If that doesn't work it could be your wireless hardware itself is bad but primarily at this point it is this driver.

It said the latest drivers where already installed. I wonder if it is the hardware then.

I went to device manager and then to network adapter and there were only two sub catagories, one was intel and the other was ethranet so i right clicked intel and clicked install new drivers or update drivers, and it said the latest drivers were installed. and i did it for the other one as well.

DUH!-me! Never mind, it's a laptop.

Instead of going directly to Intel, uninstall your drivers and download the latest drivers from your laptop manufacturer's website for your exact model.

I had a similar problem (Windows 7 64 bit) that I discovered by running the somewhat useful program "Whocrashed". It told me that netr28ux.sys was the cause of a recent BSOD and related this .sys file with my network adapter (although I have a desktop). I just rolled back the drivers and will see within the next few days if this resolves the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back