BSOD with vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciui

Hi, in the last few days I had some bsods with Vista...I changed the ram modules not more than a month ago but in the beginning nothing was wrong, now I get at least one bsod a day

I attach 2 minidumps, apparently the cause of the error was not the same.

I thought the ram could be damaged, but how can I be sure?

Thanks in advance for any useful tip :)

Attachments

• Mini020210-01.dmp
    136.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini020310-01.dmp
Ok, I tried to clean everything and scanned the ram but I got another blue screen today....here's the minidump
I tried to look into it with windbg but I can't wrap my mind about it, it says it's a memory error and then mentions other processes that I can't find a lot of info about like sptd.sys

can someone help me?

Attachments

• Mini020710-01.dmp
All three errors are 0x000000C1: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
A driver wrote to an invalid section of the special memory pool. You need a new driver.

The driver in question is Daemon Tools sptd.sys. Update your software.

thanks, I thought I didn't have it but I do. It was just windows that didn't list it among the installed programs.
I'll let you know if the error occurs again :)

Ok I uninstalled daemon tools and everything seemed fine for a while till today when I got again 3 bsod, the only thing I added was an usb mouse when I used to use a non-usb one till a few days ago

I attach the minidumps here, hope you can help me :)

the error was: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
and also another time a memory corruption, the same I got 2 weeks ago

Attachments

• Mini021510-03.dmp
  • Mini021510-02.dmp
  • Mini021510-01.dmp
    130.3 KB · Views: 1
One error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers but they also can be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM. It only cited a Windows OS driver and OS drivers are often too general to be of much help.

You received two more 0xC1 errors and the Daemon Tools driver sptd.sys was cited as the problem. Go to their website and see if they have a special removal tool and use it.

ok, I downloaded a thing that should remove the daemon tools driver, I hope to fix it tomorrow, I'll let you know :) thanks

Ok, I'm at loss of what to do. I thought I uninstalled daemon tools and removed sptd.sys but these bsods keeps showing up at least once a day. Always memory errors.
People tell me I should delete vista and try xp or Win7....I'm still trying to solve the problem....can you be of any help?

I attached the minidumps from the last few days

Attachments

• Mini022010-01.dmp
    136.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini022310-01.dmp
  • Mini022510-01.dmp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back