BSOD without error?

Hi I really need your help. I'm trying to acess my computer but it constantly bluescreens and I just can'T do a thing...

here is one of the BSOD i got

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damageto your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop erro screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer fir driver updates. Try changing video adapters

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS update. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000096, 0xFFFFF80002E990EA, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

Collectgin data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

OK, so I'm not very good with computers and thats why i chose to show you guys my problem.

My laptop is an Aspire 5534

Amd Athlon 64 X2 PROCESSOR L310 (1.20 GHz)
Ati Radeon HD3200 Graphics Up to 1919 MB HyperMemory
15.6" 16:9 HD LCD
4 GB Memory
320 GB HDD
DVD Super Multi DL drive
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/Draft-N
6-cell Li-ion battery

The error 1E lists these possibilities. Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS.

Can you get it to start in safe mode?

Have you changed anything recently, hardware, software or updated any drivers?

I did update my graphics card and everything went well for 2 days. I tried safe mode and it worked but MSE found a troja n called"Alureon:A! But now I got a new BSOD because I recently tried to remove the Alureon virus on my computer while being in safe mode and MSE told me to restart my computer. Now I can't even go in safe mode. I can either use Startup Repair ( Which doesnt help at all) or Start Windows normally. Here it goes

0x0000007B ( 0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D,0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000000)

It says I have a virus and my something about hard drive corruption :/

Btw I use windows 7 home premium

Yup, this error suggests your boot record is corrupted. Mosty likely this is all down to the Malware infection which has spread and multiplied.

Run these two virus scanners and keep running them until it comes up clean.

http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

If they don't find it or you cannot get it to boot make this anti virus boot disc, all the instructions are on the site. You need to set the Bios to boot from the CD drive 1st.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=951X49...http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic160478-2.html

I can't access my desktop so I can'T run the antivirus...

Do I need to make the cd, scan and remove the trojan(s) THEN run the 2 antivirus or the cd fixes the problem?

OK, use the CD, there are in depth instructions on the site.

Scanning the hard drive while it is out of use is the best way to remove Malware. The CD should clean everything up. Once you get the system going you may also have to run the Start up Repair if the Malware has damaged your boot sector.

So here is the result:

Scan command: /opt/avg/avg8/bin/avgscan -- ignerrors -- report /opt/avg/arl/scan_report.txt -- arc -- heur -- pup -W /mn

/mnt/sda3/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/4J16FQZO/installltmacer0120[1]
/mnt/sda3/Users/Owner/Appdata/Local/Temp/Update_b1ae.exe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files scanned : 514816 (163525)
Infections found : 0 (0)
PUPs found : 0
Files healed : 0
Warnings reported : 2
Errors reported : 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm not sure if that helped because there is no file to remove... Do I need to remove the above files in the MNT folder?

That scan would suggest your PC is clean. Now try to repair the boot sector.

Boot from your Windows 7 installation disc. Choose Repair Your Computer and launch Command Prompt. At the command prompt type the following, make sure you include the gap before the forward slash, then hit enter.

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

Now remove the disc and reboot the PC.

Let me know what happens.

If it still will not boot to the desktop follow the same process and type,

chkdsk /r

Hit enter and let it run, it may take up to an hour depending on the size of your hard drive.

Observe the results.

If the chkdsk process comes up clean or it has repaired some bad sectors and it still will not boot then run through this microsoft guide and use the full boot sector repair option which will completely rebuild it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Type in the list of six commands and hit enter after each one. Make sure you type exactly as they are printed and includes gaps where shown.

the bootrec.exe /fixmbr worked sucessfully... but didnt fixed the problem.

For the chkdsk /r it said the disk was write protected...

Then I was about to reboot when Acer E-recovery appeared.

Then I remembered I had 3 backups CDs somewhere in my house.
I finally found them and cleaned my computer. Now it's like i I never used my computer before as I need to reinstall everything. I successfully backed up my other files so everything is fine.

Thank you for the help you've given me and I'M sorry for not following the last step with the microsoft website... The important thing is that my computer is fine now and I'm pretty sure you would have succeeded at repairing my laptop.

Thanks again!

Back