BSOD X Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't give me chance to see the bsod it just dispalys it for a milisecond then instant shutdown.. computer is fairly new.. my minidumps attached.. Thanks Techspot

Both errors are 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA which means requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

One in particular cited memory corruption. Even if it is fairly new memory can go at any time. Run Memtest on you RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with your results.

Thanks.. Sadly I have been through this process before with my last computer.. Let u know as soon as its done.

Thanks.. Sadly I have been through this process before with my last computer.. Let u know as soon as its done.

The good news is if that is the only problem it is easy to correct. Will look in when you post results. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back