BSOD

EricSkyler

Hi, I am having a BSOD issue and I need someone to help analyze my dump file. Action center said my hard disk controller has stopped working and I think it is to do with my Marvel Sata 6G. So I uninstalled that driver and installed one signed by Marvel. Also in the action center I was told to update my USB 3.0 and I just uninstalled that driver temporarily and then after that with the Marvel and the USB 3.0 I got an unexpected shutdown from a BSOD. So can I post my dump file here?

Thanks!

Yes, go to C:\windows\minidump. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

Thanks for the reply!

Here is the dump file. I re-installed the USB 3.0 driver and the Marvel driver is still the same after the BSOD. Really trying to figure out why the controller would stop working out of nowhere. I'm not even using the 6GB ports, just the 3GB ports right now.

Attachments

• Dump.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
Might actually be a memory issue. Test the memory using Memtest86 version 5.01. Create a bootable CD or DVD with it and boot the computer with it. Let Memtest86 run for at least 7 passes, No errors are allowed:
http://www.memtest.org/

OK, I did up to 7 passes and there were no errors. I am testing out Marvell ports with a DVD Drive and they seem to be working OK. Maybe it is a driver conflict? I am lost with this one.

Nope not at all. There is one thing for Marvell under system devices but it has no exclamations. It's weird cause I built the computer about over a month ago and all of a sudden I get that error in the Action Center out of nowhere. Very frustrating especially when it's a rare occurrence.

Okay, lets check the C drive for errors. Go to Computer, right-click on the C drive. Select Properties Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

K did a disk check and just cleaned up some unused index entries but no errors. I haven't had that error since so I really don't know what to think at this point. I guess I just have to wait and see if it happened again. Like I was saying before, it is a rare occurrence so it's very hard to diagnose.

Back