Bsods are driving me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the forums, and after lurking around trying to find an answer to my problem on my own, I've decided to post for help.

The problems started with just some world of warcraft errors. Then it moved on to Blue Screens. Always the same ones, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. They started to become alot more frequent, going from only happening when I was playing warcraft to happening when I wasn't even at my computer. I did a memtest and found that my memory came up with errors, so I ordered new memory as of recently. Errors still happening. I did more research and read that it may be a driver issue, so just tonight I have reformatted and reinstalled windows. Updating all my drivers, and only installing warcraft. Now I know its not a software issue. Its gotta be hardware, but what piece I don't know. The errors are still Stop errors, but now they have physical memory dumps after them.

I've attached my last 4 .dmp files. Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm going completely insane.

My system:
AMD X2 6400+
Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe
Nvidia Gforce 8800GT 512MB
2gig OCZ Platnium DDR2 800
Onboard Sound

I've built 4 computers in the past and I've never ever had a problem. Up till now I've never even seen a bsod. I just want to figure out the problem so I can fix it asap. Thank you so very much for any help.

They are all 0xA errors (As Shown Below) which can be caused by Hardware, Software or Bad Device Drivers. SInce you have ruled out Software and Device Drivers thats make it a lot easier.

I have a strong suspicion that the CPU is faulty please try running Prime95 using the first 2 tests on the program "Small FFT's" and "Large FFT's" and try to run them for about 15-20 mins. It will normally find any error in minutes and shut the program down.

Prime95 - This corresponds to your OS bit Version either 32bit or 64bit
32bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103
64bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205

First MiniDump.
BugCheck 1000000A, {f40a39bd, ff, 1, 806e2ea5}
Probably caused by : hardware ( processr!AcpiC1Idle+12 )

Last 3 MiniDumps are Identical to this.
BugCheck 1000000A, {0, ff, 0, 806e2ea0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( processr!AcpiC1Idle+12 )

I was afraid of that >.<

I ran the first test, got an error within 5 minutes, and my computer froze after only 3 minutes with the second test.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new processor. This computer is already 5 months old, so I have a feeling I will be eating the cash on this one *sigh*

Thank you for the help.

*edit* Out of curiosity I ran the tests again. This time I was able to get to 20 minutes on the first test, no problems. The second test stopped @ 4 minutes. Durring both tests my cpu temp got as high as 75c

I actually had one more question. Is it possible that this could be happening just from my cpu overheating? This processor runs hot as it is already. In the past I thought it was overheating so I applied new paste and reset the heatsink and the temps went down. It seems as tho they are back up again. Idleing at around 50c and getting as high as 70c when playing warcraft. I know thats too hot. So before going off and buying another processor, is it possible this could be fixed cheaper with just a new heatsink or is it too late? I'm using the stock heatsink atm =/

It may be a possibility, you are correct they are quite high my Laptop CPU only just reaches 55C-60C when on games around 40C-45C when idle.

And Heatsinks are quite cheap so you could try it and if the Comp still acts up then you know you would need a new CPU for certain, I'm still quite sure that its the CPU though.

This problem is your RAM , because its happening randomly. You need to download memtest its simple small app and test your RAM, You get errors or a BSOD while its doing it then you know its the RAM, just rma the RAM and what not. A CPU doesn't just go bad out of know where.

Your problem started with a game crashing, then with random BSOD in windows without doing much and is slowly getting worse. Eventually the RAM will die. Soo please run memtest for windows then we can take it from there. Your CPU is not hosed I promise you that.

If you take note of his original post tweakboy he already replaced the RAM and ran Memtest86 and was still getting errors, Prime95 proved he had a CPU problem when it failed on the 2 tests I listed above and also the MiniDumps backed this theory up as well. And yes I know a CPU doesn't go bad out of no where, it is the most unlikely part to fail but as I said above everything was pointing in the direction of the CPU be it L2 Cache, Overheating or ALU.

This problem seems to have been sorted out although he hasn't replied to confirm anything.

You also have to take note that there are other causes to BSOD's and Random Restarts based on the MiniDumps reports.

Yeah sorry, I hadn't replied because my computer doesn't have a processor atm =P

As woody1191 said, I've already run a Memtest.. twice. My memory was my first thought, so that's the first thing I did. When that didn't fix it, I formatted and reinstalled windows to rule out driver issues. When that didn't fix it, I came to this forums. Also the problem didn't just appear out of nowhere. I built this computer about 5 months ago, its been happening since.

I've contacted AMD and talked with tech support, who supported the theory of Woody, so I've been Issued a RMA and will be getting a replacement sent to me with a week or so.

So thank you again Woody for the help. Much apperciated =)

Thats great to hear and good that AMD have issued a replacement for you :).

Its just good to hear if the problem has been sorted since a lot of people don't post back and say a certain way sorted the problem. It leaves the thread incomplete if people don't reply so people who may have the same situation and do a search on Google may come across this thread and see how the problem was sorted.

Most threads on a forum help hundreds of people around the World who may have a similar problem. This thread here will be the same to help other people who may view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back