Asus Crosshair Formula IV: Bios 2002v
AMD x6 1100t 4.0ghz BE
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Corsair 850w
XFX HD Radeon 6850 1gig x1
WD 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
LG BLU-RAY port 2
Win7 64bit Home ed.

Ok I've been having this issue for quite sometime now and didn't really mind it as much until now.

Current Problem: I get a BSOD "only" after I try to start my computer from sleep mode and begin to run a game/program. Sometimes it does it without starting a program. Computer starts fine and works fine if not put into sleep mode and turned on and off.

My attempts to fix it:
1) Ok I have run memtest on both my rams separately and they are fine.

2) I then did a complete re-installment of windows and then used Drivesweeper to delete drivers left over. Installed drivers from website rather than the CD's for current drivers and problem still occurs.

3) thinking of returning my motherboard for replacement seeing how I still have 1 year warranty.

Here is my memdump files by dates. Would really like to figure this out before haveing to send in for a replacement. I don't want to be out of a computer if its not neccessary Thank you.

Attachments

• Jan 25.txt
    2 KB · Views: 1
  • Jan. 15.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
"usbohci.sys" is the offending driver (Universal Serial Bus Onboard) Motherboard bad? Is there a bios update available? Are you over-clocking?

That's affirmative on the overclock. I know how to OC properly. The computer is stable and never has had a problem running prime95 and intel burn tests for over 24hr periods which only makes my problem more irritating.

I tried two separate bios versions and same deal. Before this problem occurred I was having issues with the computer not being able to restart or shutdown but was resolved by configuring my ram if that poses some significance. I tried refreshing my Bios settings to default but then I get the "black screen restart" problem so I figured to leave in OC settings and just remember to shutdown my computer instead of putting it to sleep.

I could reset my Bios and fix the black screen problem no doubt in my mind if that's whats going to take to figure this out but I would prefer to find the solution to figure the faulty driver that's causing the problem in my OC settings.

Sorry for late reply. I backed down my OC settings and now when it goes to sleep it stays on. Same goes with shutdown or restart. So now i can't test the initial problem in my OC settings because i can't properly put my computer to sleep.

Changes to Default Settings:
1] I'm going to increase the Dram voltage to fix the problem, i hope.
2] If that fails I will manually set the timmins for my ram.
3] will try lower settings of Ram if continues. (don't want to do this)
4] I'm ****ed

Normally desktops don't need to "sleep". You can set the monitor, and even the hard drive(s) to shut down at a specific time

ugh! the problem got worse. I can't even restart my computer or shut it down without turning the power off on default settings, and Ram configured settings.

I know this but it bothers me that my rig malfunctions. Makes me wonder now that other problems can occur. So what should i do.

Back