Is my motherboard dead? or something else?

Here's my build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($419.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Corsair)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($102.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($319.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($118.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($429.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($229.99 @ Corsair)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.88 @ OutletPC)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($129.77 @ OutletPC)

My computer was working fine with absolutely no trouble. I unplugged it and left to go on vacation for 4 weeks. I got back home 3 days ago. I turned on my computer yesterday and it only turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off. I thought it was my power supply, but I tested it with a power supply tester and it passed the test. I think it might be my motherboard, but I can't figure out what's wrong with my motherboard.

What I have done to try to fix this is I unplugged all my optical drives and storage drives. I remove my memories and just plug back in one slot instead of both. My cpu and the liquid cooler is still plugged into the motherboard. I don't see any damage. I plugged in the psu to motherboard power and try turning it on with the start button on my motherboard. It only starts for a second maybe and maybe not at all. I only see the light of the motherboard stay on and when I push the power button it pops up with code '00' which stands for 'not used'. I tried removing the cmos battery and reset the the BIOS and then tried turning it on and still nothing. I don't know what else to do? There's no speaker on my motherboard or any signs of damage. Seriously this computer was perfectly fine and clean/dust-free/like-new condition before I left for vacation. It was unplugged before I left, so it can't be a power surge. I have no clue how to tell if my motherboard is defective or not. I can't even turn on this thing. This computer is also my work computer for my game development and I can't do any work or gaming without this.

but I tested it with a power supply tester.
That doesn't mean, your motherboard couldn't still be faulty. I recently had a motherboard that was just strong enough that it past the power test and week enough to fail a boot. And I did replace the motherboard, which acted the same as the old one.

That doesn't mean, your motherboard couldn't still be faulty. I recently had a motherboard that was just strong enough that it past the power test and week enough to fail a boot. And I did replace the motherboard, which acted the same as the old one.
I probably should borrow someone else power supply and test it on my motherboard to see if that's the issue.

Back