BSODs yet again.

arthurdp

So just finished building new computer and seems like I got some issues I can't get past.

Specs (Reverted back to stock speeds since bsod):
intel 3770k (H100 Cooler on it)
asus z77 sabertoooth mobo
asus 5770 (temporary card)
4x 4gb Gskill 2133mhz Ram
mushkin 120gb ssd
1TB western digital black
Antec quatro 1000w PSU
Switch 810 Case
Windows 7 x64 Pro

I've attached a zip file of the 3 mini dumps I have gotten. I will run mem test tomorrow as I
have no time now. Hoping someone can shed some light as to what might be the issue.

I should also mention these only happen when I play battlefield2/3 and never with my other games.

Attachments

• 042412-8174-01.zip
    83.2 KB · Views: 1
I see a atikmpag.sys an ATI video driver fault in the minidumps. Have you tried to update the video drivers?

Yes I have updated to the latest drivers.
Actually at first I did not but I removed all the old drivers then in safe mode used driver sweeper
to get anything left behind then reinstalled with the newest drivers.

Are all 3 minidumps ATI related? If so then come Friday when my GTX680 is in I can just switch it
out and not really worry. More concerned if the others are related to something else.

Perhaps it's your RAM. In looking at the motherboard specs, I don't see that RAM frequency being supported. Supported RAM only goes as high as 1866. While yours may work, unsupported RAM could cause issues.

I'll be checking Ram tonight. Also I stated I reverted back to normal clock speeds in hopes it doesn't reoccur. Not sure how the stress tests failed me though.

I'm beginning to think its an issue with punk buster and realtek.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...battlefield-3-bad-company-2-realtek-bsod.html

Going to try and play the game now with clock speeds and see if it crashes then going to try removing the realtek drivers and see if that works if both fail me I guess its Ram testing time.

Always with new builds I get these issues and it drives me bonkers

Always with new builds I get these issues and it drives me bonkers...

Do you always overclock, before you are sure the new-builds are proven stable?

How exactly does one prove its stable?
Was trying to get it done ASAP as I don't have much free time away from work.

Seems it was the Rams speed in the end, though I ran stress tests for 20 hours and had no issues.
going to put it at 1866 and just try to tighten the timings.

Also should add in a thanks to you guys for your assistance and time.
One day I'm going to have to learn how to read them mindumps.

Well you're only having issues with one series of a series of games, and while they say it's a problem with a sound driver, the minidumps show trouble with the AMD/ATI driver. As you are beginning to find out, there is more to reading minidumps... They provide clues to drivers and other hardware issues at best. Software issues and conflicts are much harder to figure out. I have been here for a long time, and I have dealt with a lot of computer issues, both from here and my work. Some computer problems appear over and over. AMD/ATI driver issues are one of these

Back