Budget flagship ZTE Axon 7 now available to pre-order in the US

Shawn Knight

Staff member

ZTE is now accepting pre-orders in the US for its most advanced smartphone to date, the Axon 7. The handset is noteworthy not just due to its low price, but because it’s the first to officially support Google’s Daydream virtual reality platform which it announced at its annual developer conference in May.

If you recall, the ZTE Axon 7 features a 5.5-inch, AMOLED display operating at a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 and is coated with Gorilla Glass 4. Under the hood is the typical Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor alongside Adreno 530 graphics and your choice of either 4GB oF RAM and 64GB of internal storage or 6GB of RAM and 128GB of local flash.

Around back is a 20-megapixel camera with an f/1.8 aperture lens and optical image stabilization, an 8-megapixel selfie shooter up front, USB Type-C connectivity and a rear-mounted fingerprint reader – all powered by a 3,250mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support. That means you’ll be able to obtain a 50 percent charge in just 30 minutes or a full charge in only 100 minutes.

It’ll ship running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow although ZTE says it’ll be upgradable to Android Nougat down the road.

ZTE is accepting pre-orders through Amazon, Best Buy, B&H, Newegg and on its own website priced at $399.98 in your choice of gold or grey color schemes. Look for it to ship on July 27.

Lead image courtesy Digital Trends

Permalink to story.

" All Powered by a 3,250mAh NON-REMOVABLE battery "

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I would buy this phone so quick if it just had a removable battery, or at least a micro switch pressed via a paperclip that would open the circuit.

I have seen too many times where a phone is locked up, and all the person can do is wait for the battery to die. And no, you cant always hold the power button down to force reset, that doesn't always work.

Sorry, this is just one of my pet peeves.

Back