Bug in user alerts

mbk34

At the top of the screen it shows the number of alerts the user has (replies to posts, likes etc). Mine used to work correctly but then about 2 months ago it would always show that I had one new alert but no new items appear in the list when I move my mouse over my user name. It's got worse now constantly as it shows 2 new alerts. I've obviously tried starting and stopping my browser (Chrome). I've also tried stopping and starting my PC. The same issue happens if I access the site via my PC or a laptop. If I do have a "real" new alert then it will show 3 above my user name (1 real alert + 2 imaginary ones).

I'm not sure if this affects other users or why it affects me.

Does it still occur if you delete any cookies relating to Techspot?

I had 3 alerts - an alert to your own post and 2 other "imaginary" alerts to posts from yesterday that I've already seen. After clearing the techspot cookies and going to your post, it still shows the 2 other "imaginary" alerts.

Thanks for reporting this bug @mbk34. We'll start looking into it since we haven't seen it before and need to replicate it first.

We made some changes yesterday, can you confirm if this solved the notifications issue for you?

Unfortunately not thought the alert number has gone down to one now. I tried stopping and starting my browser and my laptop. I also tried clearing all the cookies again. It's not a huge issue but it is a little curious.

We have fixed the notification bug as reported here earlier, please let us know if you come across any issues.

Back