Building One from Multiple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know if this is possible, but here goes. I am attempting to try and get one good PC from a couple of unusable computers.
I have taken the hard drive from an E-Machine with an Intel processor and trying to put it in a machine with a AMK K-6 processor. I can get the machine to get as far as "Insert Boot disk". I am using Windows XP Pro as my OS.
My question is: Is it possible to create a boot disk from a IBM Thinkpad T35 laptop that would boot the Morphed Computer.
I can already hear the "giggles", be nice, never learn if you don't ask!

Thanks in advance.

There is no Thinkpad T-35. unless it has just been invented.

As for the moving of the eMachines hard drive, that will work, but you will likely have to boot the drive in R for Repair mode (not Repair Console) for it to work properly.

Ok I am trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to do.

Are you attempting to take and HD from another system, install it on this new system and use the existing OS? That may be more trouble then its worth in all honesty. It could bring some serious headaches trying to work out the errors.

Do you not have a physical copy of XP?

What clock speed is the K-6? What model?

Sorry for the confusion, just trying to figure out what is going to where.

The hard drive on the AMD K6 system was obsolete. I removed it and installed the hard drive from the Emachine. I don't have info on the AMD K-6, I believe it was a 400mhtz, not positive. It was my daughters computer that had a bad motherboard and has some pics on it I would like to try and salvage.

hey if want us to help you,tell us what you have,i mean more detailed.
like: i have a wd 160gb hd ,nvidia .....
then maybe anyone will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back