Burned memory slot on Asus P7H55-M

sorry i like to seek your adivce on the following matter

i am using asus P7H55-M motherboard..i was actually using kingston 2x 2GB 1333MHz ram..recently i added 1 nex kingston 1x4GB 1333MHz ram..it was working fine until today when the com could not boot up..when i check, i found burnt mark on the 4GB ram and the memory slot..

my question are:
1) could i replace my motherboard if it is still under warrenty
2) could the burnt mark cause by the mismatching of the ram..

1) could i replace my motherboard if it is still under warrenty

I guess so, have you ever tried to establish the communication with the motherboard maker yet? Many of them has it own support lines that can provides the RMA informations.

2) could the burnt mark cause by the mismatching of the ram..
How? Did you actually force it to be seated in backward position? Look closely at the notch of RAM, they can only go one way, and you can feel the pressure of installing the ram if it goes in wrong way.

How? Did you actually force it to be seated in backward position? Look closely at the notch of RAM, they can only go one way, and you can feel the pressure of installing the ram if it goes in wrong way.[/QUOTE]

i confirm i slot in the correct way cos i have been using it for about 1 week after installing the 4GB ram

The memory module could have shorted causing the memory slot to burn. This could void the motherboard warranty though... I have seen this on a few motherboards in my experience over the years

in short, yes and yes. The more likely answer is yes and no. It is more likely that you overclocked the ram or there is a psu failure.

check the psu with a tester and voltmeter. if it is a stock psu replace it with a quality one.

Back