Burned RAM slot inserting stick backwards

bangs777

I am using an ASUS P7H55-M motherboard. One of my RAM slots got burn,because i insert the RAM module in the wrong side by mistake. I can still use the other three and using it currently. My question is, will it reduce the mobo's performance or perhaps render it useless if i continue using like this. Are RAM slots replaceable, if yes how much could it cost.My mobo's stil under warranty but i doubt it'll cover it. Is it better off buying a new board.

It will reduce performance since you can't use the full amount of your RAM but you might not notice it unless you game or use applications that use intensive graphics and how much RAM you have left. You would be better off buying a new board since I agree that the warranty probably won't cover your mistake. However, you could contact the motherboard manufacturer and ask them anyway since you have nothing to lose.

out of the 4 slots, i am left with three, anyway i use only two 2x2gb,i don't think with the amount of RAM i am left with, that won't be a problem even while gaming as of now. But with constant usage over a long period of time,would it??

Back