Buy an RTX 4090 and get a free Arc A750 at this Japanese store

mongeese

Staff
WTF?! An electronics store in Japan is advertising an unusual promotion starting at the end of the month. Buy an Asus TUF RTX 4090 and get an Intel Arc A750 Limited Edition for free. Pairing them in the same system won't net you extra frames, but who'd say no to a free graphics card?

Intel stumbled onto a winner in the Arc A750. It's looked pretty good since it was discounted from $290 to $250 back in February, and it's been selling well by all accounts. In fact, it's the best-selling graphics card at NTT-X, which might be why they're bundling it with the RTX 4090 next week.

The store will ship a free Arc A750 with the first five Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GPUs bought after 11 pm on April 30, notes the Japanese news outlet PCWatch. It's a brutally short giveaway more akin to a call-in radio contest.

The TUF RTX 4090 currently sells for $2310 (converted from JPY), including tax at NTT-X. That's a steep premium over the $1,600 MSRP of the GPU, but computer parts tend to be pricier in Japan. They list the Arc A750 for $318, which is about 14% of the cost of the 4090.

There are only a few reasons you'd want a second, much slower graphics card. For example, enthusiasts might enjoy fooling around with hardware from a new contender. Intel's Alchemist architecture does have its intrigue. VideoCardz also points out that Arc graphics cards make decent supplemental video encoders for streamers, but the RTX 4090 doesn't really need the backup. The last reason would be to put the complementary card in a different system, like a family member's PC or a living room console replacement.

A couple of years ago, you could've used a spare graphics card to mine cryptocurrency. Now you'd just be wasting electricity (and thank goodness for that). Besides, having GPUs from multiple vendors in your system just leads to driver headaches. If you're looking for a deal this week, we'd recommend looking at Microcenter's latest promotion instead: get a free $100 Steam gift card with the purchase of any RTX 40-series GPU.

Permalink to story.

Best Joke of the day. :laughing:
Who from Intel and Nvidia came with this idea?
Though we may see how this can be a win-win situation for both Intel and Nvidia, because both are not selling their videocards too well and collect dust from the shelves.

Last edited:
Lots of people are talking about sales of the 40 series but many people aren't talking about RETURNS. The 40 series of cards has a very high rate of return. After using them for awhile people see that they'd rather have the money than the card. Just go to newegg and search for 4090's and filter by open box. There are A LOT of open box 4090's.

I have a feeling there is going to be a story coming up here soon out of this because retailers are going to get pissed off sitting on inventory that was sold but then returned. Now their inventory is worth less and they're sitting on shelves.

"The TUF RTX 4090 currently sells for $2310 (converted from JPY), including tax at NTT-X. That's a steep premium over the $1,600 MSRP of the GPU, but computer parts tend to be pricier in Japan."
$2310 = 2100 Euro, only 100 Euro more than East Yurup.

Lots of people are talking about sales of the 40 series but many people aren't talking about RETURNS. The 40 series of cards has a very high rate of return. After using them for awhile people see that they'd rather have the money than the card. Just go to newegg and search for 4090's and filter by open box. There are A LOT of open box 4090's.
There are indeed quite a few models of 4090 and 4080s available as 'open box' (8 models apiece) but it's not like they're the only cards being returned. For example, there are 6 of the GeForce RTX 3080 and 11 of the GeForce RTX 3070.

There are indeed quite a few models of 4090 and 4080s available as 'open box' (8 models apiece) but it's not like they're the only cards being returned. For example, there are 6 of the GeForce RTX 3080 and 11 of the GeForce RTX 3070.
This story was brought to my attention by Moore's Law is Dead where he cited several of his retail sources stated that they have a lot of 4080 and 4090 series returns. I wanted to link to the exact video with timestamp but it was one of his longer format videos so I'm having trouble finding it. However, if it is true then I'm sure we will be hearing more about it in the coming weeks.

Why complain when you can have both 🥳
HfyrHh8.jpeg

Curious, a lot of Nvidia videocards. And how many AMD or Intel videocards were returned?
Easy to search -- just check out all GPU products on Newegg, but check the Open Box option. Generally speaking, there are more Nvidia models available as open box than AMD ones (I think there was just one Intel model, a budget one, when I checked). There were only three 7900 XTX models and something like two or three 7900 XTs, so not too many of those, but without the original sales figures of them all, then open box numbers don't really tell you very much.

Newegg could have experienced the same return rate for the 4080 as for the 7900 XTX, but if a greater number, and wider range of models, of the former have been sold then one should naturally expect to see a greater number as open box. Equally, it could mean the return rate for the 4080 is terrible in comparison to the 7900 XTX, of course, but there's simply no way of telling, just by looking at how many open box offerings there are on Newegg.

Well, at least is not yet buy French fries and a large coke and get your Intel Arc card, but soon. Still, a 4090 bundle is peculiar. Hey, we`re slow at selling Ferraris, give them an extra bicycle and they will come in droves.

I have a feeling there is going to be a story coming up here soon out of this because retailers are going to get pissed off sitting on inventory that was sold but then returned. Now their inventory is worth less and they're sitting on shelves.

Only one laughing all the way to the bank....EVGA. Okay, maybe they're not laughing all the way to bank, but they certainly were wise enough to jump ship from this wreckage.

Easy to search -- just check out all GPU products on Newegg, but check the Open Box option. Generally speaking, there are more Nvidia models available as open box than AMD ones (I think there was just one Intel model, a budget one, when I checked). There were only three 7900 XTX models and something like two or three 7900 XTs, so not too many of those, but without the original sales figures of them all, then open box numbers don't really tell you very much.

Newegg could have experienced the same return rate for the 4080 as for the 7900 XTX, but if a greater number, and wider range of models, of the former have been sold then one should naturally expect to see a greater number as open box. Equally, it could mean the return rate for the 4080 is terrible in comparison to the 7900 XTX, of course, but there's simply no way of telling, just by looking at how many open box offerings there are on Newegg.
Thank you for info. I am from Europe and do not use Newegg.
However, I checked and the number of RTX4090 is quite small, RX7900XTX smaller, but 4090 I am sure that were sold more than RX7900XTX. But if number of expensive videocards returned is higher than the "usual" ones this indeed is telling an interesting story, regardless of manufacturer.
I noticed that Newegg has 2 categories almost similar, Used and Open Box. I suppose that Used should be counted also as returned.

I noticed that Newegg has 2 categories almost similar, Used and Open Box. I suppose that Used should be counted also as returned.
The Used category isn't Newegg, though -- they're just acting as a store host for a third-party seller, rather like eBay does for businesses and individuals selling second-hand products. If you just select Open Box, then you'll see that the seller is Newegg itself.

The Used category isn't Newegg, though -- they're just acting as a store host for a third-party seller, rather like eBay does for businesses and individuals selling second-hand products. If you just select Open Box, then you'll see that the seller is Newegg itself.
Thank you again, now I can say that I can confidently buy from Newegg, when I'll have the opportunity (y) (Y)

Is this a stranger version of the "sure we'll sell you a 3080 but you also have to buy this not great mobo and power supply with it" combo bundling that we saw a lot of during the pandemic?

I guess in the end a video card that you're never going to use isn't any different from a power supply that you're never going to use.

Back