C++ errors, random restarts, 0xc0000142, MSE won't update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legoflamb

Ok so I'm trying to fix a computer in the public IT room at work which is behaving very strangely and is basically unusable.

p4 3.0
winxp pro

IE keeps freezing and crashing and giving c++ errors, also, just a minute ago I saw a out of memory at line 8 error as it was crashing...

I've tried to use Ccleaner to see if it can help at all but it crashes as well giving c++ errors

MSE won't update it downloads the update and then just sits there saying 'searching' and eventually says it can't update (internet connection isn't the problem as it downloads the update fine, just won't install it)

Firefox keeps closing randomly not like freezing first and not responding, it's like I've closed it on purpose.....only I haven't. Gave me a nonsense messages similar to this: memory error 0xc0000142 (that is the exact number though)

Also there's a program called threatfire on there that I'm getting c++ errors on too.

Once or twice I've also seen the computer screen go black and restart the machine without any prior warning or errors.

As far as I know this was working until today....

Is this likely to be a spyware/virus issue? As I've had a couple of experiences where a computer was acting really strangely especially with regards to virus programs and internet.

Or is it more likely to be a windows problem/something else like bad ram?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back