Call of Duty: Modern Warfare system requirements revealed

Humza

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Activision's battle.net storefront has revealed the system requirements for this year's Call of Duty. While most of the required specifications across the minimum and recommended categories seem alright for a AAA title in 2019, players need to clear up 175GB of storage space for Infinity's Ward reboot of the Modern Warfare series.

As one of 2019's most popular titles nears its release date of October 25, Activision has published the system requirements for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare so that players can prepare accordingly.

The minimum requirements are as follows:

• Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950 - DirectX 12.0 compatible system
  • Storage: 175GB

Recommended specs see a slight bump across a few categories and are as follows:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
  • Memory: 12GB
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 or AMD Radeon R9 390/ AMD Radeon RX 580 - DirectX 12.0 compatible system
  • Storage: 175GB

The storage requirement of Activision's shooter surpasses that of Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC) by 25GB. Although Rockstar's massive open-world and lengthy campaign might help in justifying its storage needs, not to mention the addition of its PC-specific features, Call of Duty has traditionally stuck to a campaign that lasts a few hours (under 10, mostly) along with its multiplayer and co-op modes.

This year's iteration seems to be going down the same path so only time will tell the reason behind the game's massive file size.

The game's gameplay launch trailer, which went live this week, gives a glimpse of players taking on the role of "lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power."

Fans of the series have responded quite positively this time, seeing a return of the single-player campaign that was absent in last year's Black Ops IV and look forward to playing as the main protagonist Captain Price, among other lead characters.

Permalink to story.

Recommended specs aren't consistent at all for most games and many people still think meeting those means you can max everything including res and get 60 fps. The fact that the recommended is a 2gb gfx card, I'd be very interested to see what settings will get you 60 fps.

Tech Spot should do an article and test some popular games by running each on the exact recommended hardware (or as close as possible) to see what settings will get you 60 fps.

This game, like the previous one, has a hard time running on an HDD. You'll need an SSD and considering the size of an average SSD looks like you'll have buy a new one just for the game.

BO4 has around 150GB installed, I don't get why. There are games far bigger and better looking that take way less space.

Back