Can a computer tech sell a bad PC and get away with it?

So my old PC crashed-hard... I took it to our local tech guy and he told my best option would be to buy one, from him of course. We talked about an Intel Quad Core Acer with all the other goodies for around $1200. I put $800 down and he let me know that he would order it as soon as the credit card was processed.

What on earth are you talking about?

More importantly, who did you hand your credit card to? It should have been processed on the spot. This person does have a terminal to do that, doesn't he?

Um... credit cards should be processed more or less withing the same minute the deal is done... as for the title; theoretically yes. A tech-guy can sell a more or less faulty computer and get away with it, as "he's the expert y'know." I know of a guy who got fined for selling used products repackaged, so there is definitely a possibility for used product sales and such.

What?
It sounds like $800.00 is just about the cost of a plane ticket to about a 1000 miles away from where you are.

I would have hopped on Microcenter or Neweggs website and had a field day with $1200 dollars. BYOPC is the way to go.

Back