Can a PC reboot on its own after brief power failure?

sew333

I was trying to figure out if my power was out for 1 second, last night during switch eletrical fuse .My computer was on when I came home this morning . Screen was before bios with message:

"“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.” Press F1 to continue. And then Windows booted fine.

I don't have the "startup automatically after a power failure". Dont have UPS.

So that seems to indicated that computer shut down and restarted on its own.

I did a test. I unplugged my pc for about a minute. It didn't start up on its own when power back.

Could it be that there was a very brief ( 1 second ) power disruption/flicker that caused it to reboot on its own? + message of Anti-Surge.

Mobo: Asus Z170-P, Corsair 750 RM PSU, Gtx 1080 Gigabyte X

It has happened to me... so I have UPS

I don't have the "startup automatically after a power failure". ... worth double checking in BIOS... auto start on error can do this

Code:
"“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.”
I like that message clarity. The MB / BIOS has sensitivity to surging and went into proactive protection mode IMO.
UPS <> Surge protection so at least get the latter to ensure you don't take a lighting strike

Back