Can faulty graphics cards be repaired?

foxdelta

Hi peeps,

My question is: are there any (affordable) ways of repairing faulty graphics cards and if so, is it worth me trying to sell my 2 faulty AGP graphics cards (one is XFX 6600GT 256MB, the other Powercolor ATI X1650 Pro 512MB) on Ebay or Techspot trade/sell area or is it just best for me to recycle them at the local recycle yard? If people are able to repair them, then maybe a re-sell as faulty could rekindle some of my losses?

Many thanks for any responses.

Bench repair costs for electronics must be running close to $50.00 an hour. This is a world of disposable electronics. I think the, "I have to take this to be repaired level" is about a 40" LCD TV these days. Hence, all the "ROHS" notifications at the end of the instruction manual.

I would NOT try this if I were you, more risk than its worth (which is a minuscule chance of repair).
Or you could try and be cool and go for it while using appropriate caution.

Red1776, If you keep following my posts, you'll get an hour less sleep due to time zone differences ^^.

I would NOT try this if I were you, more risk than its worth (which is a minuscule chance of repair).
Or you could try and be cool and go for it while using appropriate caution.
OK, here's an update, it's already broke, and we were going to throw it away. So what exactly is the necessity of a "risk assessment"? Methinks the worst thing that could happen, is that it would still be broke, and you'd still have to throw it away, after a fun evening of stinking up the f****** house.
Red1776, If you keep following my posts, you'll get an hour less sleep due to time zone differences ^^.
Wrong again, Red is going to sleep just fine tonight. Just ask him, he'll slur you some sort of explanation.

Well, I'd think it would require a warning, because some people need it, even if the majority don't.

Uhh...utah time, mountain time.

Well, I'd think it would require a warning, because some people need it, even if the majority don't.
Face it, if they're that wacky blend of insufferably stupid and brilliantly creative, they'll find another way to burn their house down, without even joining Techspot.

Wrong again, Red is going to sleep just fine tonight. Just ask him, he'll slur you some sort of explanation.

why you sonofa....hyprbtipperkinfroc snic terk......

Baking? Now what an amazing concept! I looked at the link in this thread and I am amazed that this sometimes works!

What the heck, nothing to lose.......keep house well ventilated, dogs outside........foil at the ready.....

I'll let you know the results as I will try this over the weekend.

Thanks for all the hints, tips and advise fellas.

Back