Can I install XP without keyboard?

jyoti1313

Hi all
I have intel processor pc.My keyboard has stopped working from last one week My logitech keyboard has sp/2 ports.I am not even able to enter into BIOS.I donot know where and what the problem is?.Light of numlock glow after sometime i started the pc.but no effect of any key pressing.Even when i press caps lock no effect.The keyboard is not showing into device manager and in hardware. The speed of my pc is very slow may be because of virus.I want to format my pc.But cant since no key is working Is there any way so that i can install XP without keyboard.Please help i want to know where n what is the problem is?Should i have to buy a new keyboard ?

You need a keyboard. See if you can you borrow one for testing purposes.

You plug in the new keyboard and see if it will be recognized. If the old keyboard has failed, that would be a reason it doesn't appear in the Device Manager. Be sure to turn off the PC before switching the keyboards.

I have connected another keyboard on my pc and it work.I have installed XP using it.After turn off and restart when i again use my keyboard.It doesnt work.So i guess buying a new keyboard is the only option left now.Thanks everyone here for replying my post.

Back