Can not get past blue stop error screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacey

I have a windows XP and recently received a blue stop error screen Unmountable_Boot_Volume 0X000000ED. I am unable to get into safe mode and the computer will not let me exit the blue screen to even get on line. Does anyone have any experiences with this problem.

Refer to this article.

If you're lucky it might just be a damaged file system (which could be easier to try and fix). Look at Method 2 in the article. Is the second parameter of the Stop error 0xC0000032?

IF you find the Error in the Event Viewer that corresponds to the BSOD, we may get additional information that will help troubleshoot:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> click on Apps first> right click> Properties on Error> click on Copy button below the down arrow on the right> Paste here (Ctrl V) Follow the same procedure in System.

You do ot need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description. Ignore Warnings. If the Error is repeating and has the same ID#, the same Source and the same Description, only one copy is needed.

Thank you. I am unable to get past the blue screen. I ran a pre-boot test and got a driver failure with error 1000-0146, the information I found is that it may be loose wires on the hard drive. The inspirion 8600 will not even give me safe mode or start with XP recovery disk. ERR! I am still trying tonight and will keep checking back. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back