Can someone help me decide how to build a gaming system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the story i've got 8 grand to burn on a computer what should i get. its going to be water cooled for sure. i think i might get a big tower not a compact one. Any ideas would be apreciated

Thanks

Here's the story i've got 8 grand to burn on a computer what should i get. its going to be water cooled for sure. i think i might get a big tower not a compact one. Any ideas would be apreciated
That is a crapton of money, I wouldn't spend half of it and just go ahead and save it.
Why watercooled? Doesn't really do anything imo.

OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) OCZSSD2-1VTXLE200G 2.5" 200GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Retail

OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) OCZSSD2-1VTXLE100G 2.5" 100GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Retail

I feel that 100 is enough...but go ahead and choose one of those. Your secondary drives will have to depend on your own needs.

Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Model BX80601930 - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-650HX 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI - Retail

For the graphics card, you *MAY* want to wait for the 2gb 5870 (well thats what anandtech says, and I mean, how can they be wrong?)
Otherwise, I personally prefer a single 5870.

And probably a monitor to go with it as well along with mice/keyboard. ;)

I think kitty's choice of HD5870 is very good one, and should be sufficient for any modern game, and instead of 2GB 5870 perhaps you can put two 5870s in a CF.

Red you had way too much fun with this thread. I'd throw some stuff in there but you covered most of the bases at a 8k price point.

Room for your os, monitor keyboard and mouse. Also need to add your choice of liquid coolant. This sure was fun.

very nice, very nice. best case ever, is that the case you got last year?

Wow ok...I liked mine better, except I forgot a sound card. How much effort would you need to get all those together D:.

Well i feel the same as you Rit, but I guess I'd rather do something else with my money, as my system can do what I throw at it for now.

Well i feel the same as you Rit, but I guess I'd rather do something else with my money, as my system can do what I throw at it for now.
Yeah, I know. Just love my system. Had a lot of help from the guys here when putting it together, especially red1776. And it's worked like a charm since. :)

Yup, but I just remembered one thing, my system is kinda dead atm; as I am still awaiting replacement motherboard, which is scheduled to arrive later this week or early on Monday. So literally, it can't do anything i can throw at it for now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back