Can someone please analyse this minidumps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikheil

Hello. my PC have been rebooting lately and when i check Even Viewer/ System there are no errors and only Save Dump. there are may be two reboots per week so its not a big problem but i'd like to know what is causing by PC to reboot unexpectedly.

eMachines T3418
AMD Athlon 3700+ 2.4 GHz Clawhammer ( used to be Sempron 3400+ but i upgraded that to this)
Mobo: K8MC51G
RAM: 2 gigs of DDR 333 PC 2700 OCZ (3-4-4-7 timings)
GPU: Ge Force 7900 GT 256 MB
PSU: Thermaltake Purepower 500 Watts ( used to be crappy one from emachine's, i upgraded it to this one)
Avast! antivirus
160 gig Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 8 mb cache

Thanks a lot in advance. i would really appreciate some help.

no one can help ?

since yesterday i scanned all local drives C, D, E, with Avast! thorough scan and i found 6 viruses and Trojans which i deleted.

i also scanned my PC with SuperAntiSpyware thorough scan. came out clean.

Also scanned my PC with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. also clean

my video card drivers are up-to-date and Windows is also is completely updated

i checked hard drive for errors multiple times

i defragmented the hard drive

ran CCleaner

i also ran System file checker to make sure all original windows files are intact.

may be 3-4-4-7 timings need to be relaxed for my so the ram will be more stable?

Mikheil, for future reference keep in mind that everyone who helps here are all volunteers. Sometimes it can take a day or two for someone to answer.

One error without a definitive cause given is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are a strong sign of corrupted memory.

The two other errors are 0xA and these are caused by either hardware or a driver attempting an IRQ Level they shouldn't. In your case one minidump specifically cited memory corruption as the cause.

Overclocking RAM can certainly cause instability. before running memtest on your RAM ease back those timings and see if that brings stability.

thanks Route 44 but thing is i can't overclock anything, i didn't overclock anything because emachines's BIOS is locked. 3-4-4-7 are stock

timings of my RAM. what i meant is may be these stock timings are too tight for my motherboard causing instability ? and yes i know my

RAM isn't perfect, i tested my 2 sticks of RAM with memtest86+ on start up and it did find errors from the get go on the 1st pass. i know i

will have to replace it but right nowi don't wanna start replacement process with OCZ, i do have a lifetime warranty for my RAM.

whats this "either hardware or a driver attempting an IRQ Level they shouldn't " ? how do i stop this from happening ?

If you have errors with Memtest then you have corrupted memory. There is no way to fix this and the only recourse is to replace the RAM. Sorry, but there is no second option. And don't worry about the IRQ Level thing because that isn't your issue. Your issue is hardware, specifically memory.

If you let the RAM in then you will continue to have BSODs and the frequency of crashes will most likely increase.

You could try running your system with just one stick. Perhaps only one is bad and then contact OCZ this bad stick. However, if OCZ is anything like Crucial and these were bought as a pair then you will have to return them as a pair even if one is working fine.

ok thanks a lot man. damn these 2 gigs are just 1 year old. i remember i bought them last august. i guess i am forced to replace them

I feel your pain! :( I too have been where you are at and because it is the older PC2700 it can cost a chunk of change.

Look into Kingston if OCZ won't work with you. I have had good luck replacing both PC2100 and PC2700 in older systems with their brand.

However, I also run OCZ in my main rig and it works great but it is the PC3200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back