Can someone read a minidump?

Yagami1980

Hello,
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I got a BSOD (I was away and didn't see it) and I got a minidump. I've tried installing the Microsoft debugging SDK but I can't seem to read it well or understand any information.
¿Can anyone tell me what happened? ¿Was it a hardware or software problem?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 112310-21902-01.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 8
Did you have a BSOD prior or since this particular BSOD? What were your doing when this one occured?

I used to have BSOD due to a bad memory stick, but I got them changed. I didn't have problems since I did it a month ago.
I was away from the computer but it was running eMule an Firefox.was open.
I also have on the background Zone Alarm 9.3.037, Avast Antivirus 5.0.677, ATI Catalyst, KX Audio drivers, Gigabyte EasyTune 6, and Logitech SetPoint.
The last thing I instaled was Logitech Setpoint a week ago.
I haven't had any BSOD since this one.

So if we read you correctly the issue is resolved; no more Blue Screens since you changed your RAM, correct?

No, the Blue Screens caused by the RAM stopped when I changed it. This new blue screen was completely at random. The system was fine even with the last software instalations a week ago.

Okay, the error code is 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

The minidump only cited a Windows OS driver as the cause and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help.

Avast is an excellent antivirus but we've seen a whole lot of people here have issues with Zone Alarm. Either update it or try fully uninstalling ZA and see if the BSODs still occur.

I've already set up Windows so it doesn't reboot at blue screens, to see the error code if I am away. The system is running fine for now, but if I have another random fail I will follow your advice.
Thanks for your help.

It happened again.
This was the error at the bluescreen:
0x0000007F (0x0000000000000008, (0x0000000080050031, 0x00000000000006F8, 0xFFFFF80003039EC0)

BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF80003039EC0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

I will uninstall Zone Alarm and run the computer for a couple of days to see if it happens again.

By the way, ¿how can I read the minidumps properly? I got this message when I open it with WinDbg

Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
* Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
* Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
* After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *

Attachments

• 112410-24585-01.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 1
Same error code but a different OS driver was cited blocking the Avast driver aswTDI.sys from loading. The issue is not with Avast.

The OS driver cited is netio.sys. As I said earlier, OS drivers aren't very good for diagnostic purposes but there are exceptions in certain situations and I believe that this might be one of them.

Netio.sys has to do with networking input/output. Question: Did you build this system or is this a prebuilt like Dell, HP, etc.?

I built it myself. Theese are the components:

Motherboard - Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H rev 2.1 bios FE (2010-09-30)
CPU - AMD Phenom II 1055T X6 2.8Ghz 125W
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U9B SE2
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333 PC3-10666 8GB 2x4GB CL9
Graphics Card - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
PSU - OCZ ModXStream PRO 700W Modular
Sound Card - Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

I built it 6 weeks ago, except the RAM (3 weeks ago) and the sound card (10 days ago).
I also installed a router between my system and the cablemodem. It's a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Ultimate Router WiFi 11n. Since that day, the cable modem has been rebooting itself often, mostly when I turn on the devices. Since the error was in netio.sys, ¿Could it be the router causing these fails?
I'm going to use te computer without Zone Alarm and if the problem persists, I will remove the router and connect directly to the cable modem.

Nice system! Okay, go to Gigabyte's website and find your motherboard. Update your NIC/wireless drivers and tell us if stability returns.

Also, see if there are firmware updates for the TP Link router but make sure you follow the router firmware's instructions to the letter. I have seen security software disrupt updates of this nature disrupting the process and you DON'T want that to happen. For this process I disable my security, but that is my choice.

Your cable modem might need a firmware update as well.

I updated the router's firmware when I installed it, and the LAN drivers were already up to date.
I've searched the error code and many people agree that Zone Alarm causes this fail, so I will use the system without it. I've read that the Windows firewall can also make a good job.
I will update this post if the problem persists, but I think it is resolved.
Thank you very much for your help.

Back