Can someone read my dump (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys newbie here thanks for reading. I keep getting random blue screens sometimes its "irql_not_greater_than_or_less_than" other times it says something about corrupted drivers but for the life of me I cant figure out which driver it is! Ive tried updating my drivers with "Device Doctor" software, downloaded some registry checking software, also scanned my disc, scanned for virus/malware, system restore to 3 months back, and still not quite sure....so I was reading the fourms and I was able to get the last "minidump" which appears to be when the problem was caused and I was wondering if any kind gentelman can analyze it and tell me more or less what I can try.

I have attached the following./ Thanks to all :)

Attachments

• dump.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
Well since you said gentlemen...

The minidump only cited a Windows OS driver and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

However, your error code is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware (though sometimes they can be caused by drivers). They are a strong indicator of corrupted memory.

irql_not_greater_than_or_less_than is an 0xA error and these are caused by hardware or faulty drivers.

In light of what you stated do the following.

1. Start > Run > spell ChkDsk as I spelled it > Okay. You are running Check Disk on your harddrive. There are three stages that goes fast. In Stage 2 tell us if is says recovering lost files.

2. Run Memtest on your memory. This is free and completely safe. We are testing to see if your RAM has gone bad.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

* Also, in the future avoid all software utilities that have anything to do wuith the registry. The registry is very critical to a system running properly and more damage has been done with these offerings than we can name.

In addition, avoid software that purports to update drivers. There are better and safer ways to do so than through these third party softwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back