Can this build support 100% of actual games and probably next gen games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe LightScribe Support - OEM

Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS VH235T-P Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50000 :1 (ASCR) Built-in Speakers - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail

RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Retail

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT - Retail

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Yes. I would say it can support all current games at mid high framerate, and next gen games as well. Make sure you get a 64 bit OS to utilize all your RAM. (I like Win7 so far).

I have the same case. It's very nice, my only complaint so far is it's a little hard to route cables around the case. But my cpu idles 15 degrees cooler than it did in my old case, an Antec Sonata III.

Keep in mind, there is room for 3 more fans which aren't included, I'm prrrrretty sure. Two in front of the hard drives, and one in the door. For $7 each or so you might as well just fill all the fan slots. Unless noise is a concern.

Did you have other questions?

@ pctobeupgraded - Have you finally decided on your system? I thought that the Radeon HD 5850 was the card that was decided. With the HD 5770, I agree with Flannelwarrior, your games will run only at mid - high settings. That too at resolutions of 1280x1024. Any higher will really make that card sweat.

hey mid high wtf are you talking about this pc can handle today games at max setts dont you know that?

No. We don't know. Because it won't. Also, if you think know the answer to your own questions, don't bother posting here.

You can play today's games at 1680x1050 or 1929x1200 resolution with relative ease and reasonable settings with decent frame rates. However, beyond this it will struggle.

hey mid high wtf are you talking about this pc can handle today games at max setts dont you know that?
for max settings I would buy a second video card and add RAM. Or add liquid cooling and OC your video card a bunch. Clearly you just wanted to flaunt your epeen though. Not impressed.

Can you tell us when you intend to build your system? I'm asking it because, probably in a month or so nVidia will probably launch its new generation of graphic cards.

Having said that, I believe HD 5850 is extremely good value for money right now; it may still end up being an excellent value in month's time as well.

But the cost of current cards will drop.

Very good point; if nVidia is able to roll something out which matches performance of ATI's cards; prices of these should come down because ATI will have some margin to do so because of their head-start / product-process refinements etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back