Can viber be hacked?

I was chatting to a friend this morning and the last online status showed 'today at 3.13 am' now it shows as 'last online on 14/4/2016!

I've text person and called but their phone is off? Could they have been hacked?
I contacted viber but it's been 7 hours and I am really worried as the conversations we have had were private etc.. A logical explanation from a tekky would be great thanks.. A status just suddenly cannot go back in time I've used viber for 2 years and this has never happened!??

It doesn't mean it has been hacked. Your session should have been encrypted end-to-end anyway.

There is likely a logical explanation and it's a glitch on the recipients end.

It doesn't mean it has been hacked. Your session should have been encrypted end-to-end anyway.

There is likely a logical explanation and it's a glitch on the recipients end.

Thanks for your response, what kind of glitch.. As I was looking at a picture they sent, saved it and then suddenly the online status was 14/4/2016? I'm so freaked out by this as the person has not been contactable by any other means.

I checked the status with their number from another device also and it states the same .. It's like it's gone back in time? Viber CS seem to be useless I just can't think of any logical explanation apart from spyware on their phone?

I can't really comment on what it was that caused it - but I wouldn't worry about it.

I know other chat software (like Skype) suffer with a lot of spammer accounts adding you and speaking to you. Maybe it was one of those instances, unless of course you already knew the recipient.

It is entirely possible the recipients phone could have had spyware or other malware on it. Phone infections are rising.

But I think you're panicking over nothing. Just chalk it up to another one of those things you'll never be able to explain and get on with life. :)

I can't really comment on what it was that caused it - but I wouldn't worry about it.

I know other chat software (like Skype) suffer with a lot of spammer accounts adding you and speaking to you. Maybe it was one of those instances, unless of course you already knew the recipient.

It is entirely possible the recipients phone could have had spyware or other malware on it. Phone infections are rising.

But I think you're panicking over nothing. Just chalk it up to another one of those things you'll never be able to explain and get on with life. :)
Ahh ok yeah I knew the person lol.. It wasn't spam.. It's just very odd like it went back in time? Life isn't like doctor who Lol hopefully viber can give me some explanation 'one day' they should really look into it..

I have googled it and people do have issues with the last seen status but not going back in time lol .. Back to the future with Michael J fox viber style !!

Maybe my friend just rebooted his device and took it back to a restore point could be an endless list of what it could be.. Nice to meet you anyway lol I've not had the pleasure of joining a technical forum before ..

Could be the start of all my technical issue questions being posted here instead of pulling my hair out

Thanks again

I was chatting to a friend this morning and the last online status showed 'today at 3.13 am' now it shows as 'last online on 14/4/2016!

I've text person and called but their phone is off? Could they have been hacked?
I contacted viber but it's been 7 hours and I am really worried as the conversations we have had were private etc.. A logical explanation from a tekky would be great thanks.. A status just suddenly cannot go back in time I've used viber for 2 years and this has never happened!??
Your title reads "Can Viber be hacked" According to this article possibly

I think the problem is a lot of these companies grew far to fast and done little to budget for the security needed by a well known product.

Bet they suddenly budget for it now though

Back