Cannot access router through browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacks

I've tried entering the ip, I get to the password, I have the computer name right, but I can't get the password to work. The password is stored on all the computers, but I don't know how to access it. Not going to just reset the password because then I'll probably have to redo the router settings. The same password that worked for Wii and 360 does not work on the computers. In the connection properties, the password is only displayed as 8 symbols, which is less than the password that worked normally.

Sorry but you will have to reset the router to its default settings. Write down your passwords and store them in a drawer from now on. Rerun the routers setup software. It is not that difficult to do

Yes it's better to start all over and keep that new password your recreate in another place where you go to access stuff daily, cell phone, an etc..

The password appears smaller because it is encrypted. It stops people from copy\pasting your password to find it out. Also, try some passwords you would normally use, passwords that are well known to you. The password for your other consoles are different, thats to establish a connection and use it, not to change settings to the router, these are two different passwords. Try some default passwords like

username: admin
password: admin

can't think of any others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back