Cannot access search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo)

Hello everybody!

Iam having a serious issue with my internet. i dunno if its malware but when i go to google.com or bing.com it says connection is reset or server too busy (firefox).
While for yahoo i can still go to yahoo.com but when i search something if gives the same results!

So i went out in the net using an alternate google engine(google.mu) and i look up for that problem which brought me to techsupport.
i follow some instruction which brought me to this :
notepad c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
Then i edited the file name hosts to remove any other text that was below localhost!
when i saved it, it saved in the format of .txt!
Then i realize after watching a couple of vids the hosts file did not have .txt as extension.
I opened it again without notepad and it opened up with the same text as before i deleted that text but i was not able to save it cause it was saying cannot find the path!

i decide to tell my brother to send me his hosts file from the net but i fail to replace the hosts file cause it could not find it but when i open it it still opens up!

I was thinking about google redirect virus but i was not going anywhere when i used google!

when i was using google chrome i used to get the blue screen of death on xp where win32 seems to be the cause

I thanks you in advance for any help that i get from you! :)

Hello everybody!

Iam having a serious issue with my internet. i dunno if its malware but when i go to google.com or bing.com it says connection is reset or server too busy (firefox).
While for yahoo i can still go to yahoo.com but when i search something if gives the same results!

So i went out in the net using an alternate google engine(google.mu) and i look up for that problem which brought me to techsupport.
i follow some instruction which brought me to this :
notepad c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
Then i edited the file name hosts to remove any other text that was below localhost!
when i saved it, it saved in the format of .txt!
Then i realize after watching a couple of vids the hosts file did not have .txt as extension.
I opened it again without notepad and it opened up with the same text as before i deleted that text but i was not able to save it cause it was saying cannot find the path!

i decide to tell my brother to send me his hosts file from the net but i fail to replace the hosts file cause it could not find it but when i open it it still opens up!

I was thinking about google redirect virus but i was not going anywhere when i used google!

when i was using google chrome i used to get the blue screen of death on xp where win32 seems to be the cause

I thanks you in advance for any help that i get from you! :)

Have you tried doing same in IE? www.google.com

The thing that is being suspect is the hosts file when i type in the path of the host file it opens up but when i look for it in the etc its not there!

Back