Cannot Connect to internet, Firewall is down and I can Ping out, what is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

This is my first post,

My main computer is just about dead (ill be doing the 8 steps later) - im using it now and "borrowing" a neighbor's internet connection because mine is acting weird.

a friend loaned me a laptop while i fix my other comp, the laptop cant connect to the internet.

I just got done talking to tech support, and we pinged a couple sites, that all worked. but something is keeping IE from accessing the internet,

There is only windows standard firewall, and i took that down for now. i dont know what is blocking internet access!

Can someone help?

Hi Ryan

Get the Attachment on a Flash drive or burn to CD get to the desktop of the problem computer.

Click here: try to get the attachment the malware may allow programs to run!

On this board Executable (.EXE ) can not be attached so download the Fixit.zip Rt Click it get Properties and in the name box change from Fixit.zip to Fixit.exe.

Boot to Safe mode and execute it. When it reboots execute it once again from normal boot. When it boots back up you should be able to work somewhat normally, at least to do the 8 Step Process.

Mike

thanks!

i was able to get it to work, eventually.

somehow my modem got scrambled and my internet provider was able to get me through it (after three calls and a lot of troubleshooting)

Thanks for the quick reply though!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back