Cannot connect to the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pw2much

I have a HP pavillion dv2700 notebook running Win vista home prem, amd turion 64 X2 proc.2ghz, 3gbs ram and I can't for the life of me get on the internet with this computer. It shows that I have a connection,but I keep getting: internet explorer cannot display this webpage.Now also the person I got the laptop from deleted some programs but don't know what programs he deleted, would a full windows repair fix the problem or is there another solution I've tried resetting the adapters lan and wireless.nothing!!!???

In Google Chrome and report back if you can get on the internet? If you can then IE browser is corrupted.

Suggestions:

ipconfig/all in command window to see if all settings are intact (Gateway, DNS etc) I
Internet options/ connections tab/ LAN settings
Try winsockfix. (utility)

If the the browser doesn't open or you can't get on the internet with IE. Trying Google Chrome or Firefox would be the first step. If you can get on with those two then IE is not working correctly it would need to be upgraded to the next version to fix the issue. If neither of the other two browsers work then it's a issue with your NIC settings. First download the latest driver from HP. Install the update. Reboot the laptop. Try it again. If it still doesn't get your internet access reset the router if you're using one. Make sure the firmware in the router is up to date. Scan the system for pest using a program like IOBIT Advance System Care Free along with IOBIT Security 360 Free. If nothing shows up and your clean. If you have tried anything then the onboard wireless NIC has failed. Get mini USB 802.11/g/n adapter fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back