Cannot Format C with multiple XP`s inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.
i have more than one OS (XP home and PRO on my C partition and was running out of space on it. so I reinstalled XP-home on another partition D in the hope to be able to format C. So far no success. Can anyone help me with this problem. I dont know how to Change the booting sequence to the CD with the XP -Home edition, I don`t know which key to use for accessing BIOS.
Thank yuo.

Hi Freestyler, u have to tell us which machine u have so that we can figure out what key, but still some of the the keys include:
Dell - F2 / F12
Compaq - F10
Hp - ..
Mercury - Del / Delete / F8
IBM - F1 / F12
If its not among them pliz tell us.
Wish u luck
Robin

Maybe use the XP disk to format it from there?
Although (WARNING) this might force you to format everything and start over. It did for me.

You are going to have a lot of bad luck doing this if you are using a WXP upgrade or OEM.
Otherwise, you can do a dual partition install. But you you will have trouble using the same WXP ID, as Microsoft is agin you doing that. It smacks too much of a piracy install.
Reformat, and then install the first drive, or partition. Then reboot and do the dual boot, also with a reformat.

Found the key to access the Bios

hi, guys. Thank you so much for your feedback. i found the key to access the bios, is F2. I changed the boot priority to make the DVD drive the principle one to try to reformat from the XP CD. I restarted the computer and nothing happened.
I downloaded a program that wipes out the partitions"PC beginner".
has anybody heard that?

Success Story

Hi, guys. i finally managed to format my computer. somehow the boot priority in bios had switched to c drive first.Thank you very much.
Good luck

PC Beginner is not satisfactory software. I think you might benefit from a LOT more reading before you consider such things... but if you do partition, or repartition, you might want to consider something very stable and well known, such as Acronis, or Ghost, or System Commander, or others used by professionals.

PC Beginner is made to sell, not to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back