Motherboard: F1A75-M Asus
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracude 7200 Sata 3.0 320GB
Processor: Llano AMD A8-3850 2.9GHz Quad Core
Memory: 12gigs DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance RAM
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX560Ti - 2gb GDDR5 - 256bit
(Dual Monitor - DVI)
Power Supply: 600w Corsair
-------------------------

When I boot or reboot my screen remains black for about 3-5 minutes and then Windows will boot.

I do not see my boot screen (where it says "Press DEL to enter BIOS" ), nor am I able to boot into Safe Mode holding down the F8 key.

Any ideas on what could possibly be causing this?

The system is brand new, and windows was just installed for the first time about 4 days ago. I have never been able to enter BIOS or start in Safe Mode.

i used the on board video card, and was able to get into BIOS. is there a way I can make it work with my 560, using dual dvi monitors?

can you boot Windows? Once you can boot windows all you do is go to device manager and delete the driver for the integrated gpu and turn your computer off. Install the 560 and boot and let windows detect it. Go to the EVGA site and get the newest STABLE driver for your card and flash the card and reboot. You should be good to go after that and be able to dual monitor straight from the 560.

mrush0623

You have asked this question on four different sites.
Not that there is anything wrong in trying at different places for advice but, you should only follow ONE set of advices, as something suggested at one place may not be co-terminous with something suggested elsewhere.

Additionally - please do answer all the posts on all the sites, as with respect to you it is a waste of time for those who reply to never receive a response from you. Of course I recognise that you have done so on here.

I AM PLEASED to see now that progress has been made, for you HERE.

This has been solved by doing the following

Unplugged the monitors from my graphics card
Used the on board Video
(This allowed me to enter BIOS)
I went to the monitor Settings in my BIOS
Changed from Integrated Graphics to PCI-E

I now see the BIOS splash screen upon booting my PC.

Back