Cannot install a program because of the error 1335

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

I have a computer for one of my client , I tried to install Microsoft office 2003 and it give me error message 1335……..I though problem with my CD, then I used different CD same error message.
Error 1335. The cabinet file 'name.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package

After spending hours to solve this issue I could not , I tried many all of them did not help me out.

Then I formatted hard drive and I installed fresh copy of windows XP SP2, every thing going fine.

Now I tried to install office again same problem , then I tried to use adobe Photoshop CD same error message 1335 , then I tried to install SP3 same error message 1335.

Now I have been convinced that the problem with the western digital hard disk ( WD800JB) IDE not SATA, I downloaded utility for WD to test (short and extended) the hard disk the result shows me there is no error.

What could be causing this problem ? Why installation went smoothly while installing programs did not ? if the CD Rom (SATA not IDE) would have causing this problem why not with windows CD ?

I have looked a bit further into this issue
Here are some possible fixes

1. Install the version of the Windows Installer on the Office CD-ROM.
2. Confirm logged on as "Administrator"
3. Check for alternate installation locations.
4. Turn off and/or remove anti-virus software.
5. Test for a damaged CD-ROM or faulty CD-ROM drive

But there's more :)
This could be a fault generated from a computer with two CD\DVD Drives
You could either try the other drive (if you have two) or unplug the other drive.

I would start with checking the disc for scratches (and clean the disc and the drive)
Then check the CD\DVD Drive(s) for issues (this may include incorrect jumper setting on the end of the CD\DVD Drive)

Do you have two CD\DVD Drives ?

oh, I took a while to respond.

1. Install the version of the Windows Installer on the Office CD-ROM.
2. Confirm logged on as "Administrator"
3. Check for alternate installation locations.
4. Turn off and/or remove anti-virus software.
5. Test for a damaged CD-ROM or faulty CD-ROM drive
I do not have any antivirus or firewall, and I am experiencing the problem not only with office CD, but with any CD,,,,,do you think would be scratch on all of them on the same time !!! ,,,I am logging as admin.

And I tried another CD drive still same problem

I do not have any antivirus
Well you need an Antivirus
And you need to run a full scan with it
Here's a good free one: Avira

You may need to run a CheckDisk too

Also because it's a fresh install, make sure all your drivers are up to date
And all Windows security updates are done (including SP3)

Well you need an Antivirus
And you need to run a full scan with it
Yes I do need one , but not at this stage, i have connected the PC to the net yet, as I said I have done fresh installation.

(including SP3)
I have got on a CD, I can not install from a CD becauise of this error 1335

Your HardDrive and CD\DVD Drives, are they the IDE connected ones? (not Sata)
If so then confirm both have their own IDE cable, and are jumpered (on back of drive) to CS

You may need to run Bios setup defaults too (usually by pressing DEL at system startup)

member CCT has advised that this is generally related to Ram issues
You are therefore requested again to check the link supplied by CCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back