Canon ip4000 print head issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st time user, so go easy ... have an old but up until now trust worthy canon ip4000 printer with a printhead error (5 orange flashes). have searched and followed directions on cleaning printhead ... all went well except as soon as the printhead was repositioned and the machine was switched back on I now have a situation where it goes straight to 5 orange flashes. Cant do any print maintanence as I get this message ...
"Operator error.
Press printer's RESUME button. If this doesn't clear the error, cancel printing and turn the printer off and then back on."
No error codes just this and 5 orange flashes.
HELP

As you say it flashes orange light five times consecutively, that means there is a print head error. Reset the print head, then reset the printer. To reset the print head, make sure the printer is on. Open the paper output tray and top cover. Make sure the print head holder is in the center and open the inner cover. remove all the ink tanks. Raise the print head lock lever and remove the print head. Reset the print head and lock the lever. Replace the ink tanks.

Well then it probably is an hardware issue; you may call to cannon tech support for help, I am sure they will be able to do something about it.

However, if they tell you that the head may need to be replaced before making a decision on it please do check out whether it would be appropriate to get it fixed or buy a new one; and for that purpose I'd advise you to always buy an HP printer reason being its print heads are located on the cartridges themselves; hence they get replaced as the cartridge is replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back