Can't Burn music to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have encountered a problem when I have tried to burn music to cd r. The drive will play music ok- so no problem there. However when I try to burn some tracks it will only record about 10 seconds. I will then get an error message saying that my cd is dirty or may be recording at wrong speed. Have tried other speeds without any success also tried downloading latest version of window media and closed all other applications that may have caused even a remote problem. Can anyone help or have any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer.
It seems as if your CD drive is worn out of alignment. Either the read laser or the write laser is out of whack or it is just worn out. How old is the drive?
Burners last about a year, on average... less, if used a lot. It is easier and cheaper to replace them, than to fix them.
If you are in a dusty climate, you can remove the bottom from the burner, and use Dust Off or other canned air with difluoroethane gas to clean the unit. Do not touch the laser... just blow dust out of the drive.
There are some utilities that will reset the burner on some models. Do a Gurgle search for your brand and model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back