Can't connect to Apple services after installing Belkin router

I have been unable to connect to apple since i installed Belkin router last week . I have uninstalled itunes and apple software ,and reinstalled itunes .Every time I try to connect Iam informed that i am not connected to the internet

I assume it is only Apple that you are having trouble with. Try turning off your firewall and see if it will connect, if so you need to add the URL to the exeptions list in the firewall.

Somewhere in your firewall settings there will be a place for exceptions. Simply copy and paste in the URL (web address) for the site you cannot connect to.

As you have not given details of your firewall or your OS I cannot be more specific.

With windows firewall you just need to add the program to the exceptions list, if it is already listed make sure the box is checked or click on "Add Program".

There is also a possibility that your new router has a firewall that is blocking the connection. If so you have to log in to your router and switch off the firewall. Instructions should be included with the router. If not, search on line for "switch off Belkin firewall".

unable to connect

Many thanks mark 56 ,I disabled the belkin firewall and unticked the belkin router in the windows exceptions. i can now connect.again many thanks

turning firewall off

How do you turn firewall off? I went to the firewall and tried turning it off but it doesn't give me that option? When the firewall wasn't on it gave me the option to turn it on but now that I want to turn it off it doesn't give me that option.

I don't know what OS you are using so this may not be the same. In windows 7 got to Control Panel, click on firewall to see its settings. In the left hand pane there is an option to switch it on or off.

Any more questions or you have a problem with this instruction please start a new thread.

If it is a belkin router you have to bring the home page up .the index is on the left hand side click on firewall settings and shut it down.

OK, we should be able to sort this out without a new thread but there is a point of confusion. I am talking about Windows firewall and Killie is talking about the router firewall, which one are you talking about? If the router, is it the same one as in this thread?

Back