Can't connect to phones/tablets storage

Hello.

I have a computer that I built but ordered already assembled and with drivers and Windows 10 installed. Pens and hard drives connect with no issue at wall, USB webcam and keyboard/mouse as well. But when it comes to phones and tablets (both android), it never lets me access the storage. It just doesn't do anything and if I go into Device Manager and unnistall/install/update drivers, it just comes back to the same with the error "A service installation section in this INF is invalid" on ANY device.

Things I've tried:
- Reinstalling all computer drivers.
- Manually downloading the device's drivers and attempting to connect them.
- Tried with many different devices (although all android) that work on other computers, but not mine.
- Formatting (just recently, didn't install anything except the supposed drivers and avast before trying).

It's a MSI Motherboard, Intel H81M-P33 with 2 2.0 USB ports and 1 3.0 USB port. Windows 10, latest update, x64.

My question is if there's any way of fixing this, as I've tried everything I've read on and thought about before formatting. Could this possibly be a hardware problem? Maybe the ports aren't correctly connected? I don't know...

Iphone / iPad? We use iTunes to manage these devices

[edit; oops -- already declared as Andriod devices - sorry ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.
My question is if there's any way of fixing this, as I've tried everything I've read on and thought about before formatting. Could this possibly be a hardware problem? Maybe the ports aren't correctly connected? I don't know...

I face that almost everyday with my Android phones on my HP 4530s. In my case, its usually an MTK driver problem.
When you connect the phone to your laptop, what is it detected as in your device manager

Back