Can't get browser to come up

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie61

I can't get the IE to come up. I put on a new wireless mouse and it worked for a while ant then was unable to get IE to come up. Everything stops at the Dell screen and you get an F! prompt. I tried the old mouse and it does the same thing.
Thanks

Here's what I keep getting on screen:

Diskette drive 0 seek failure
press F1 to continue F2 to enter setup

then it says bootmgr is missing

Any suggestions? Thanks

Appears your bios boot order is set to start with a floppy disk. Since you doubtless don't have one, it should skip that step and try starting the next (HDD), but for some reason is not doing that.

Read the manual to find out how to access the bios at switch-on then check the boot order. Make sure HDD is at the top of the list. On many PC's it is also necessary to select the drive channel that boots - such as IDE or SATA channel.

BTW it is not IE (browser) that 'wont come up' - it is the whole Operating System i.e. Windows. Your question suggests to me you ought to talk to someone experienced.

hit F2 when dell logo appears or DEL on start-up
go to: Boot Device Priority/Advanced BIOS Features/BIOS Features Setup
1st should be [HARD DRIVE]
2nd should be [CD ROM]

there hopefully shouldn't b a 3rd option, if there is you can set it to CD or HD
F10 save and exit

I tried changing the Boot Device Configuration and got it changed to Hard Drive first and CD Rom second and saved that and exit but it still won't boot up. Does the same thing

sorry forgot you don't have a disk drive, go back to the BIOS, choose CMOS and select drive A:, or 1.44 floppy (the floppy disk drive may be named differently on the Dell) and set to none, let me know if this fixes your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back