Cant get high res on HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadassCyborg

WOOOO ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!!

But more to the point, ive just got a 37" HDTV with at native res of 1920x1080 but for some reason i cant get the resolution past 1360x768 and its pretty blurry. All my drivers are up to date and ive tried messing with the settings in the catalyst manager and through the control panel but no luck :(

Im using a DVI to VGA adapter on my gfx card, attached to a VGA cable and then a VGA to DVI adapter on my TV. Do i need a DVI cable to get it working instead of the VGA cable?

My specs are:
HD4850 512mb
Phenom X3 8750
2gb RAM
Abit AN-M2 mobo
500W PSU

I dont expect a reply any time soon (coz its xmas) but please help me!

hi
its a weird there, but have u tried using 1920x1080 in applications instead?
i mean let it get blurry but when u open any game can u set it to 1920x1080?

beside that i can only say try not to use DVI-VGA converter, see whether that brings any luck...

In all my games the max res i can set is 1360x768, i guess the only option is to use a DVI cable as opposed to the VGA. Its weird coz in the catalyst control center it says the max reported resolution is 1920x1080. I hope a DVI cable will help the situation coz they cost quite a bit :S

Its an LG (37" sorry) 37LP1D-EA

On various websites it says this specific model only has up to 1366x768 but it is telling my CCC its max is 1920x1080

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I just found the Tech Service Manual for your TV. I don't have a link, but I have the file, if you wish to have it. In either case, it says, under the LCD Panel Specification:
"Resolution 1366 x 768"

In short, while your TV can accept a 1920x1080 signal, it has 1366x768 pixels on the screen.

OK thanks. Could you send me the manual, i suppose it'll have to be through email (ben_halpin2@hotmail.com). I'm probably gonna get a DVI cable to improve the quality quality coz it really is pretty bad compared to the TVs menu. No worrys, just sucks im lowering the res since i had a 22" with 1680x1050 res.

OK, just got myself a DVI cable from comet, the picture quality has immensely improved, looks proper HD, shame about not getting a higher resolution that doesnt exist, but awwell.

Thanks for your help anyways! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back