Can't get internet access on Acer Aspire 5100

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post here, so I hope I'm in the right place!
I have an Acer Aspire 5100 notebook and I'm having trouble connecting to my home network.
My wireless internet was working fine until Saturday night, when I couldn't get internet access.
When I go to Network Diagnostics, I get a message that says "This computer does not have a wireless adapter installed and configured."
Under Network Connections, the Local Area Connection says "Network Cable Unplugged."
Also, the Wireless LAN communication indicator in the front won't light up, and it shows a message on the screen saying "No Wireless Device."
However, my computer is the only one that can't get internet access--the other laptops with wireless internet in the house are getting internet fine.
How can there be a cable unplugged if all the other computers are getting wireless internet?
Thanks for the help!

Are you running Vista or XP on that laptop. In any case do this..

vista click on the circle
click on run
type: devmgmt.msc

xp click on the flag (start)
click on run
type: devmgmt.msc

scroll down the list for Network Adapters
click on the [+] to expand the tree
click on the wireless driver
then right click on the wireless driver
click on uninstall

Before you do anything you should have the lastest wireless driver for your laptop from Acer support site for the 5100. Download that now, then click on uninstall the driver. Reboot the PC and login back

Install the new driver and you should be okay now.. If it doesn't work then their could be an issues with the onboard wireless driver..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back