Can't get internet working on windows 98 cant find ethernet controlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

acefsj

so i have a computer im working on for a friend and they want 98 on it for some program they are running.
Anyway here it is dell optiplex gx150 windows 98 512 mb ram i cant get any Ethernet drivers to work in the device manager i have the yellow question mark beside pci ethernet controller no drivers i load will work been looking for days now tried like 20 different drivers.

If you download it
Then run it (double click on it usually)
It will extract to C:\dell\Drivers\R41703 folder
You can then save the entire folder to CD or flash drive, or just leave it where it is (if working from the 98 machine)
Then go to Device Manager > Network > Update driver > and browse to C:\dell\Drivers\R41703
All done :)

when i try and install it goes to a main menu screen with driver instalation and update but i go to it and nothing happens

Double clicking on it for me extracts it to: C:\dell\Drivers\R41703
I'm running Windows XP, but I'm sure this would be the same for any Windows OS

I don't know how i did it but after 5 days of messing with it i finally got it with a different driver the only thing left to say here is boom thanks for the help

DOS will not extract it :rolleyes:

Just use the computer you are on now, and then copy the extracted folder C:\dell\Drivers\R41703 to a CD or something (note, you obviously need CD drivers loaded in your DOS machine) But you are trying to install this in Device Manager in Windows of course :confused:

Edit:

You should use the correct driver I supplied, but oh well if it works so be it

i think i actually got the driver from the windows 98 disk don't know why i did not install it self it did everything else thanks for your time and patience we will talk again pretty sure you have helped me out of some other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back